Research Paper Volume 11, Issue 8 pp 2369—2377
Additional data support the role of LINC00673 rs11655237 C>T in the development of neuroblastoma
- 1 Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hunan Children’s Hospital, Changsha 41004, China
- 2 Department of Pediatric Surgery, Guangzhou Institute of Pediatrics, Guangzhou Women and Children’s Medical Center, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou 510623, China
- 3 Department of Pathology, Xiang-ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410013, China
- 4 Department of Pediatric Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
- 5 Department of Pediatric Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710004, China
- 6 Department of Pathology, Children Hospital and Women Health Center of Shanxi, Taiyuan 030013, China
- 7 Department of Hematology, The Second Affiliated Hospital and Yuying Children’s Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325027, China
- 8 Science and Education Section, Hunan Children’s Hospital, Changsha 410004, China
Received: February 18, 2019 Accepted: April 14, 2019 Published: April 20, 2019https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.101920
How to Cite
Copyright: Li et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 3.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Neuroblastoma is the most frequently diagnosed neural tumor of childhood. Abnormal function of the long intergenic non-coding RNA (lincRNA) LINC00673 has been implicated in various human malignancies. Genome-wide association studies revealed the LINC00673 rs11655237 C>T polymorphism to be associated with the risk of neuroblastoma, though the effect was not well defined, in part due to the small sample size in our earlier study. Herein, we verified the impact of LINC00673 rs11655237 C>T on the risk of neuroblastoma in 700 cases and 1516 controls from six centers in China. After pooling all enrolled patients, we observed a significant association between LINC00673 rs11655237 C>T and risk of neuroblastoma (TT vs. CC: adjusted odds ratio [OR]=1.58, 95% confidence interval [CI]=1.06–2.35, P=0.024; additive model: adjusted OR=1.20, 95% CI=1.03–1.39, P=0.020; recessive model: adjusted OR=1.50, 95% CI=1.02–2.22, P=0.040). Stratification analysis revealed a significant relationship between rs11655237 CT/TT and neuroblastoma risk in subgroups of males, patients whose tumor originated in the adrenal gland, and patients with clinical stage IV disease. These findings add new evidence of the importance of LINC00673 rs11655237 C>T to the risk of developing neuroblastoma.