Research Paper Volume 11, Issue 18 pp 7386—7401
lncRNA DLEU2 modulates cell proliferation and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer by regulating miR-30c-5p/SOX9 axis
- 1 Molecular Diagnostic Center, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, Kunming, Yunnan 650118, P.R. China
- 2 International Joint Laboratory on High Altitude Regional Cancer, Kunming, Yunnan 650118, China
- 3 Kunming Tongren Hospital, Kunming, Yunnan 650118, P.R. China
- 4 Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, Kunming, Yunnan 650118, P.R. China
- 5 Yunnan Key Laboratory of Lung Cancer Research, Kunming, Yunnan 650118, P.R. China
received: January 29, 2019 ; accepted: August 16, 2019 ; published: September 20, 2019 ;https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.102226
How to Cite
Copyright © 2019 Zhou et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 3.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Increasing evidence indicated that long noncoding RNAs (lncRNA) play critical roles in the progression of multiple cancers and that dysregulation of lncRNA promotes tumor progression. However, the function and underlying mechanism of lncRNA DLEU2 in biological behaviors of NSCLC cells are still largely unknown. Our studies confirmed that lncRNA DLEU2 was highly expressed in NSCLC tissues and cell lines, which was correlated with shorter overall survival in NSCLC patients. In vitro, knockdown of lncRNA DLEU2 inhibited proliferation, invasion, migration and induced apoptosis of both A549 and LLC cells; In vivo, it suppressed tumor growth and metastasis. lncRNA DLEU2 directly interacted with miR-30c-5p, which further targeted SOX9 and exerted oncogenic functions in NSCLC. Mechanistically, overexpression of lncRNA DLEU2 exhibits tumorigenic effects through downregulating the inhibitory effect of miR-30c-5p on SOX9 expression. In conclusion, Our finding confirmed that lncRNA DLEU2 as a novel oncogenic in NSCLC, which provide a potential novel diagnostic and therapeutic target for NSCLC.