Research Paper Advance Articles
Screening and functional prediction of differentially expressed circular RNAs in human glioma of different grades
- 1 Faculty of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Hebei University of Chinese Medicine, Shijiazhuang 050091, PR China
- 2 Hebei Key Laboratory of Chinese Medicine Research on Cardio-cerebrovascular Disease, Hebei University of Chinese Medicine, Shijiazhuang 050091, PR China
- 3 School of Clinical Medicine, Hebei University, Baoding 071000, PR China
- 4 Department of Neurosurgery, Affiliated Hospital of Hebei University, Baoding 071000, PR China
- 5 Faculty of Acupuncture-Moxibustion and Tuina, Hebei University of Chinese Medicine, Shijiazhuang 050200, PR China
- 6 Department of Neurosurgery, The Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, PR China
- 7 Endoscope Room, Department of General Surgery, Cangzhou Central Hospital, Cangzhou 061001, PR China
- 8 Departments of Breast Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Hebei University, Baoding 071000, PR China
- 9 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Key Laboratory of Medical Biotechnology of Hebei Province, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, PR China
Received: September 11, 2020 Accepted: October 22, 2020 Published: December 11, 2020https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.202192
How to Cite
Copyright: © 2020 Geng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 3.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Circular RNAs (circRNAs) have a critical regulatory function in human glioma. However, novel circRNAs related to different pathological grades of glioma and their crucial potential function are worth screening and prediction. CircRNA expression profiling was performed for 6 paired high- and low-grade glioma tissues and 5 adjacent normal brain tissues through next-generation sequencing. Quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR) was conducted to validate circRNA expression. Bioinformatics analysis was performed, and circRNA-miRNA-mRNA networks were constructed. The expression and survival data of miRNAs and target genes were examined by GEPIA, Chinese Glioma Genome Atlas (CGGA), ONCOMINE, and cBioPortal databases. The RNA binding proteins (RBPs), open reading frames (ORFs) and N6-methyladenosine (m6A) modifications of the identified circRNAs were also predicted. Through multilevel research screening, 4 circRNAs (hsa_circ_0000915, hsa_circ_0127664, hsa_circ_0008362, and hsa_circ_0001467) were associated with glioma of different pathological grades and could be preferred candidates for subsequent functional analysis. Therefore, circRNAs are associated with the different pathological grades of glioma and reveal their potential critical regulatory function. CircRNAs might provide vital molecular biomarkers and potential therapeutic targets for glioma.